Why Support the Arts?
- The Arts Build Families and Communities
–“Another old gentleman…by the name of Cashman McCoy…I learned a lot of songs from him because me and a cousin of mine that was learning to play violin at the time used to go and buy him a truppence worth of tobacco … and he’d carry it and give him to play songs for us on his fiddle so we could learn.
Traditional Caymanian fiddler, the late Mr. Radley Gourzong
- The Arts are Basic to Education
–Scholastic Aptitude Test takers with coursework or experience in music performance and those with coursework in music appreciation consistently scored significantly higher on the verbal and math tests than students with no coursework or experience in the arts.
United States College Board
- The Arts Promote Free and Creative Thinking
–“The function of the arts is to bring order out of chaos, coherence out of the endless static, the gibberish of the stars, and to render people capable of thinking metaphorically. The arts are an essential part of the public education, and without their special lucidity, the college graduate is only half a conscious soul.”
Edward Albee, Playwright
- The Arts Promote Tourism
–Sixty-five percent of U.S. adult travelers (92.7 million) included a cultural, arts, heritage or historic activity while on a trip of 50 miles or more …
Travel Industry Association of America
Linking your name with the Cayman National Cultural Foundation associates you with a prestigious, well-established organisation.
- CNCF programmes reach a wide cross-section of the Cayman Islands population with live performances in Grand Cayman and Cayman Brac. In some instances performances are in the districts.
- CNCF audiences represent a wide demographic. Caymanians, expatriates, families, young adults, mature adults and even senior citizens make up our audiences.
- The audience is made up primarily of sophisticated people who are employed in good paying jobs with disposable incomes.
- They are also among those who influence trends in our community.
- Your name can be right there with us.
- Your association with the Cultural Foundation builds your image as a good corporate citizen in the eyes of Cayman’s public.